Rebecca Brianne Nelson
Head of Marketing
Shreve, Crump & Low
Founded in 1796, Shreve, Crump & Low is America’s oldest purveyor of the most luxurious collections of diamonds, jewelry, gems, watches, and gifts with flagship locations in Boston, Massachusetts and Greenwich, Connecticut.
- Lead and development on complete digital transformation of eCommerce storefront, including responsive UI/UX design along with the conception and implementation of several new consumer-focused features to improve personalized online shopping services, completed in my first 120 days
- Responsible for communications, project and relationship management of OOH, print and event campaigns, both proprietary and for brand partners including Jaeger-LeCoultre, Breitling, Chopard, Hublot, Omega, and Vacheron-Constantin
- Responsibility for leadership and collaboration of team members in functions of the art department, SEO and performance marketing, guiding social media strategy and ensuring messaging is consistent and integrated with our overall consumer communications and marketing plans
- Responsible for planning and hosting events for VIP clients and influencers
- Development and maintenance of marketing budget
SXSW, Penske Media Corporation (Contract)
Worked as creative lead in developing a brand identity and related investor decks for new ventures as part of SXSW Conference in Austin, Texas.
- Creative art direction, branding and visual designer on new ventures for SXSW/Penske Media Corporation funding and investment activities
- Worked directly with the Managing Partner and Senior Vice President of Creative on content review and design for investment decks presented to limited partners, startup founders and board of directors
- Design-led approach to presenting analytical data, research, and insights to visually immerse and persuade investors, partners, and all stakeholders in the SXSW brand and investing opportunities with PMC
Creator / Digital Designer
MainStroll is an immersive shopping aggregator and informational site that helps consumers find products, services, and attractions from their small, Main Street businesses nationwide.
- Front-end web design and responsive UI/UX design
- Creative direction, web development, and implementation of a complex aggregation site for several types of dynamic user content including consumer and merchant portals
- Research, implementation and strategy of best practices to deliver fast user experiences on web, mobile, and tablet
- Outreach strategy, collaboration and communication with small businesses, planning commissions and chambers of commerce
- Development and maintenance of budget, expenses, forecasting user and financial projections
Designer & Project Coordinator
Luxury segment in stationery industry, specializing in custom 3D and interactive projects for events.
- Creative art direction, design, and project management for print and digital products including drafts and renderings, writing project proposals, estimates, proofing, sourcing materials, billing, and production communications.
- Collaboration and management with production and engineering teams to successfully produce interactive, one-of-a-kind products, often on tight deadlines.
- Extensive client relationship management through all phases of the project including in-home and remote consultations, client acquisition, fostering close relationships, feedback, intuitive in creating and implementing plans to meet client needs.
store director / in-house graphic designer
Rugg Road Paper Co.
Award-winning luxury print design and retail store in Boston. Served as the store director and in-house designer simultaneously while attending college full-time.
Clients Include: Museum of Fine Arts Boston, Handel and Haydn Society, Rosales + Partners, Uwila Warrior, Kodomo, Weld Management Co., Inc, Boston Midsummer Opera, Windhorse Capital Management, Finepoint Capital, Nichols House Museum
- Responsible for management of custom order sales including client consultations, proofing, quality control and final hand-off.
- Managed custom order quotes and billing, proof and approval process, production communications and final quality inspection of finished product.
- Trained incoming staff, scheduling and calculating hours for salaries due, buying for store’s product line, processing and pricing new inventory, opening and closing procedures and performed other tasks as needed.
- Internally, led a transformation implementing new communication tools across the company including inventory tracking, custom order management, and client communications to improve data collection and productivity.
In-House Graphic Designer
- Advanced in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, lead and worked with print production using technical skills and
knowledge for range of print methods (letterpress, foil, thermography, engraving, offset, digital)
- Worked directly with clients on custom projects, often under tight deadlines including artistic concepts and project proposals,
managing the proofing and approval process, and preparing approved files for print production.
- Worked closely with production teams to execute project according to written project specifications and high-quality
standards. Sourced and provided materials to match specifications and client vision.
Cambridge, MA · 2015 - 2020
Dean's List. Secondary Fields in Psychology and Digital Media. Social Sciences Concentration.
Activities and Societies: The Washington Center Alumni (Media, Politics and Advocacy)
South Windsor High School
South Windsor, CT · 2010 - 2014
Skills, Interest and Character
- Advanced in Adobe Illustrator,
- WordPress Website
- Microsoft Office and GSuite
- Google Analytics
- ~110.4 WPM
- Responsive Design
- Creative Strategy
- Small Business Consulting
- Visual Communication
- Travel Photography
- Lived in Hamburg, Germany
for two years (2017-2019)
Character Strengths (determined by Values in Action Institute): Honesty, Creativity, Gratitude, Hope, Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence
Volunteer and Leadership
Harvard University OCS Firsthand Advisor, Alumni Advisor · 2021
Advisor to Harvard undergraduate students on career conversations and course selections for those interested in creative fields.
Federation of German American Clubs, e.V., Immersion Trip Chaperone · 2019
Co-chaperone to German students ages 14 – 17 on a youth travel exchange and immersion trip to Asheville, North Carolina.
Beacon Hill Civic Association, Holiday Volunteer · 2019
Served as volunteer to prepare and decorate Beacon Hill’s 1000+ gas lamps for the holiday season.
Project Health: Cape Verde, Fundraising Gala Volunteer · 2019
Assisted in set-up of event, processed invoices for auction items, worked with AV team and assisted talent during live production.