Rebecca Brianne Nelson
Creator / Digital Designer
MainStroll is an immersive shopping aggregator and informational site that helps consumers find products, services, and attractions from their small, Main Street businesses nationwide.
- Front-end web design and responsive UI/UX design
- Creative direction, web development, and implementation of a complex aggregation site for several types of dynamic user content including consumer and merchant portals
- Research, implementation and strategy of best practices to deliver fast user experiences on web, mobile, and tablet
- Outreach strategy, collaboration and communication with small businesses, planning commissions and chambers of commerce
- Development and maintenance of budget, expenses, forecasting user and financial projections
Print Designer & Project Coordinator
Luxury segment in stationery industry, specializing in custom 3D and interactive projects for events.
- Creative art direction, design, and project management for print and digital products including drafts and renderings, writing project proposals, estimates, proofing, sourcing materials, billing, and production communications.
- Collaboration and management with production and engineering teams to successfully produce interactive, one-of-a-kind products, often on tight deadlines.
- Extensive client relationship management through all phases of the project including in-home and remote consultations, client acquisition, fostering close relationships, feedback, intuitive in creating and implementing plans to meet client needs.
store director / in-house graphic designer
Rugg Road Paper Co.
Award-winning luxury print design and retail store in Boston. Served as the store director and in-house designer simultaneously while attending college full-time.
Clients Include: Museum of Fine Arts Boston, Handel and Haydn Society, Rosales + Partners, Uwila Warrior, Kodomo, Weld Management Co., Inc, Boston Midsummer Opera, Windhorse Capital Management, Finepoint Capital, Nichols House Museum
- Responsible for management of custom order sales including client consultations, proofing, quality control and final hand-off.
- Managed custom order quotes and billing, proof and approval process, production communications and final quality inspection of finished product.
- Trained incoming staff, scheduling and calculating hours for salaries due, buying for store’s product line, processing and pricing new inventory, opening and closing procedures and performed other tasks as needed.
- Internally, led a transformation implementing new communication tools across the company including inventory tracking, custom order management, and client communications to improve data collection and productivity.
In-House Graphic Designer
- Advanced in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, lead and worked with print production using technical skills and
knowledge for range of print methods (letterpress, foil, thermography, engraving, offset, digital)
- Worked directly with clients on custom projects, often under tight deadlines including artistic concepts and project proposals,
managing the proofing and approval process, and preparing approved files for print production.
- Worked closely with production teams to execute project according to written project specifications and high-quality
standards. Sourced and provided materials to match specifications and client vision.
Cambridge, MA · 2015 - 2020
Dean's List. Secondary Fields in Psychology and Digital Media. Social Sciences Concentration.
Activities and Societies: The Washington Center Alumni (Media, Politics and Advocacy)
South Windsor High School
South Windsor, CT · 2010 - 2014
Skills, Interest and Character
- Advanced in Adobe Illustrator,
- WordPress Website
- Microsoft Office and GSuite
- Google Analytics
- ~110.4 WPM
- Responsive Design
- Creative Strategy
- Small Business Consulting
- Visual Communication
- Travel Photography
- Lived in Hamburg, Germany
for two years (2017-2019)
Character Strengths (determined by Values in Action Institute): Honesty, Creativity, Gratitude, Hope, Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence
Volunteer and Leadership
Harvard University OCS Firsthand Advisor, Alumni Advisor · 2021
Advisor to Harvard undergraduate students on career conversations and course selections for those interested in creative fields.
Federation of German American Clubs, e.V., Immersion Trip Chaperone · 2019
Co-chaperone to German students ages 14 – 17 on a youth travel exchange and immersion trip to Asheville, North Carolina.
Beacon Hill Civic Association, Holiday Volunteer · 2019
Served as volunteer to prepare and decorate Beacon Hill’s 1000+ gas lamps for the holiday season.
Project Health: Cape Verde, Fundraising Gala Volunteer · 2019
Assisted in set-up of event, processed invoices for auction items, worked with AV team and assisted talent during live production.